Purissa Alcuino-Seville, fondly called “Rissa”, is a board certified physical therapist in the USA for over 20 years and counting. Since 1998, she has treated thousands of patients suffering from acute and chronic neck and back pain. Purissa’s philosophy of care is about providing high quality evidence-informed therapy, customizing approach to patient treatment, and promoting patient advocacy.
Purissa’s journey started in the Philippines graduating class valedictorian in elementary school and first honorable mention in high school.
She graduated Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from Cebu Doctors’ University in 1997 and board certified in the Philippines. The unquenchable thirst for knowledge brought Purissa to the United States in 1998 and through the years has earned certifications in Myofascial trigger point and Mckenzie technique for mechanical diagnosis of the spine. Under Mariano Rocabado’s training, a renowned expert in craniomandibular therapy, Purissa has enhanced her competence by providing state of the art therapy for head, neck and TMJ disorders. She continues to pursue clinical excellence by acquiring skills in craniosacral therapy through the Upledger Institute, John Barnes myofascial release and unwinding and postural restoration techniques and she is also a certified Rehab Pilates instructor. Purissa’s eclectic style of treating influenced by years of continuing education and a passionate approach to person-centered care and holistic therapy has earned her happy, satisfied, and loyal clients.
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.” — Thomas Alva Edison
Purissa enjoys spending time with family and together with husband Francis, they are raising two adorable kids Craig and Caryn. As a Filipino immigrant and a naturalized American citizen, she truly benefits from having the best of both worlds. As you meet her, the experience begins with a smile and ends with a smile. Guided by a dream and vision to provide Expert Specialist CARE for Your Needs, Seville Physical Therapy is ready to welcome you to the practice. We look forward to providing you experienced competent care and the best customer service you deserve.
From visiting clients in their homes all the way to New Jersey’s Fastest Growing Physical Therapy Clinic
Specializing in Helping People Heal and Stay Active, Independent and Pain-free…
“A Physical Therapy Clinic In Bergen County IDEAL For People Who Prefer Natural, EXPERT Solutions To End Pain And Stiffness, Who Don’t want to depend Upon Painkillers So They Will Stay Active & Enjoy Quality of Life Through the Years….”
“What’s So Special About Seville Physical Therapy?”
- outcome driven company focused on helping you stay active, mobile and independent help you end dependency from pain killers and resorting to surgery.
- your BEST choice provider for Specialist Physical Therapy with a COMPLETE mind body approach for INSTANT relief from pain and restoration of well-being
- utilizes the art and science of bodyworks, breath and therapeutic movements
What is the Goal of Seville PT?
- Physical Goal: restore posture, balance and symmetry as we move in space
- Functional Goal: pursue work, hobbies and sports through freedom of movement
- Social Goal: bring back life’s passion for travel, art and interests
What is the Seville PT difference?
- We help people who suffer from pain and injuries cut pain pill dependency, say “NO” to surgery and regain a life of independence.
- We are a specialist provider with a direct 1:1 attention, full hands-on approach and helps you make better decisions for a better health.
- We treat to get you out of pain and keep you out of pain. This means we are dedicated in finding the “WHY” of your problem.
Who is Seville Physical Therapy?
Founder Purissa is a leading physical therapist of 20 years certified in dry needling, practices craniosacral therapy and certified in Mckenzie mechanical diagnosis and therapy to the spine. She specializes on tmj/jaw craniomandibular therapy.
Who is a Seville PT appropriate patient?
- Health Conscious Professionals: who want to manage pain without pain pills or surgery
- Busy Business Owners: who have been feeling anxious, overwhelmed, have difficulty concentrating and disturbed sleep due to pain and stiffness
- Sensible People: who suffer from a restricted personal, work and social life due to nagging aches, headaches and joint pains
- Active Grandma and Grandpa: who do not want to miss out on their grandchildren’s lives and milestones
- Worried Mom and Dad: who has to constantly give care to their children and their own parents while keeping up with a full time job and family time.
- “Weekend and Seasonal Warriors”: who want to be FIT and READY for gardening, travel, hiking/walking, golf, tennis, biking and more without being impeded by annoying stiffness and pain
Where Are We?
82 N. Summit St., 1st Floor, Suite D, Tenafly NJ 07670
Hours: Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM
By Appointment only by calling (201) 537-4888