NORDIC WALKING WITH URBAN POLES
Urban Poling or Nordic Walking has toning, calorie-burning and postural benefits that have made it popular in Europe for decades and is a workout favorite in Canada, Australia, the UK, Ireland and now the USA!
I first started Urban Poling for fitness about a year ago and I have loved it because it is such a great total body workout. I have found that Urban Poling has helped me to walk further & for longer periods of time by reducing pressure on my hip and knee joints. I’m able to use my poles for my walking workout, but also for a variety of aerobics exercises as well as add them to other workouts like strength training.
As a Physical Therapist, I also love that Urban Poling is inclusive by providing two types of poles designed for those needing additional support and for those that are simply looking to improve their physical fitness. Therapists like myself all over the USA are embracing this new type of rehab as it has so many benefits to their clients including improved balance, posture, and stability not to mention the fact that you can take some pressure off painful joints.
Here are 12 of the top reasons that people fall in love with Urban Poling:
- It whittles your waist—Your abs tighten each time you push off with your poles. That’s the equivalent of 1,800 each mile!
- Your knees and hips will thank you—The poles let you offload weight from your hips and knees into your upper body. You can walk further, faster or even pain-free.
- It revs up the calorie burning—Research proves it over and over again: urban poling burns up to 46% more calories than standard walking. Wow!
- It sculpts your arms and shoulders—Urban poling uses 90 percent of your muscles—especially those underused upper body muscles. Hello short sleeves!
- It helps balance your blood sugar—The full-body urban poling workout helps keep blood sugars in a healthy range.
- You’ll straighten up and feel more confident—Your upper back muscles (the ones that pull your shoulders back) tighten each time you plant your poles and press down on the ergonomic handles.
- You can adjust the intensity—Urban poling is an energizing activity that can be enjoyed by people of any age and athletic ability. Just press on the ergonomic handles with more or less intensity to modify your pace.
- It’s a great running alternative—Hit the trails or your neighborhood sidewalks on your own or with a gang of friends. Urban poling offers the same year-round fresh-air experience as running—but without jarring and jostling your joints.
- Nordic walking is the perfect solo activity. Choose neighborhood sidewalks or explore local hiking trails or workout in your own home. No need for a partner or to organize a team.
- Make social distancing easy! Nordic walking with friends or at an instructor-led class adds an uplifting and energizing social component. Physical distancing happens easily when walking single file because the swinging poles naturally keep people apart.
- It’s a breath of fresh air! According to public health officials, exercising outdoors is an excellent way to avoid both interacting with other people and breathing in re-circulated air. It not only supports your physical health needs but also your mental and emotional needs as well.
- The world is your gym! Keep your poles by your front door, at your desk, or in your trunk. Just grab them and go whenever you need an energy boost.
UP Your Health with Urban Poles!
For orders and inquiries, call 201-537-4888 or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.